Domain Not Eligible For Transfer Error
If your domain indicates that it is not eligible for transfer, do not despair, this may happen for several reasons. No registrar is allowed to keep your domain prisoner. It might just be that your current domain is ‘locked’ for transfer, or some other unforeseen error has occurred.
Solutions Guide To Troubleshoot Domain Transfer Issues / Errors
Solution #1 – Unlock Your Domain
Login to the account where your current domain is registered, and check if the domain is ‘locked’ or ‘unlocked.’
- If you have your domain with Google, Login to your Google Domains
- Click on ‘My Domains.’
- Find your domain from the list and click on ‘Manage.’
- Click on ‘Registration Settings.’
- Go to ‘Domain lock’ and check if your domain is locked or unlocked.
- Choose to unlock your domain if it is locked.
Note: It may take several hours for the changes to take effect.
2 – Get Your Domains’ Transfer Secret Code (EPP Code)
To transfer any domain, an EPP code is required. An EPP code is the secret transfer code (transfer key), which is a randomly generated code created and issued by the domain registrar. This code is issued for security reasons to the owner of the domain only, as is registered in a WHOIS query.
As the owner of your domain, you are required to request what the EPP code is for your domain once you wish to transfer it. This is done for security reasons, and to ensure domains are not just randomly stolen by unwanted individuals and transferred without the domain owner’s knowledge.
To-Do: Login to the account where your current domain is registered, and request the EPP code for your domain from your registrar. Copy the EPP code once it is issued, and keep it safe.
3 – Choose Your Hosting Package With MBS Hosting & Proceed to ‘Signup’
- Step 3.1 – Choose a MBS Hosting package of your choice.
- Step 3.2 – Click on the ‘Signup’ button. You will shortly be redirected to the ‘Choose a Domain’ page.
- Step 3.3 – Choose the second option from the list that will appear, namely: Transfer Your Domain From Another Registrar
1 – Type in the name of your domain.
2 – Select the TLD (example .com)
3 – Click on ‘Transfer.’
4 – Status Report: Eligible / Not-Eligible For Transfer
Eligible: If your domain is elidable for transfer, it will indicate as such. Click on ‘Continue.’
5 – Choose a Billing Cycle
Most MBS Hosting packages are available via a 12-month or 24-month registration period. Select the billing cycle that best suits your needs.
6 – Configure Your Domain & Select Optional Add-Ons
Enter Your EPP Code into the field indicated before clicking ‘Continue.’
7 – Continue With Next Steps As Prompted
Continue to go through the signup steps as prompted.